Can I say ‘no’?





I surely can! However, I would try as much as I could, to help someone in need before giving up that favour. I am terrible at giving excuses, and I hate excuses. So if I can’t attend a meeting, or I really can’t help someone due to time and energy constraint, I will say no. 
Maybe you won’t hear that ‘no’ physically, but you’ll get what I mean (obviously if your common sense level is at the normal bar).

But studying abroad makes me realize that not everyone is as polite as the Malaysians are expected to be. Students of other nationalities are very outspoken, they’re very blunt in their words. So, as much as I feel saying no would appear as something rude, I need to adapt to this surrounding. Well, it hurts to have your ideas being turned down as easy as that. So, I guess it’s okay for me to put my priority straight and say no to them too!

It’s tiring to be in a one-sided relationship, where you always lower your ego, asking people to free their schedules because you want to have a cup of coffee with them, but they never try their best to spend even their 30 seconds with you.

But maybe I once did the same thing to others, now people are doing that to me. But hey, you can’t get everything you want at the same time. C’est la vie!

So, I’m saying no if I really can’t fulfill your orders, I hope you can understand me as much as I understand your excuses too :)


No comments