My Opinion on “Perempuan Belajar Tinggi-Tinggi, Akhirnya Masuk Dapur Jugak”



This statement means, regardless of your level of education, a woman will always belong to the kitchen.

Some people think this statement is so outdated as educated women now are able to hire helpers, so kitchen is never a place where they belong.

I believe that women need to be educated. Everyone has the right to get education. Education is one the mediums to gain knowledge. We must gain as much knowledge as we want. It doesn’t mean you need to get a physical certificate on something to be acknowledged as educated. Sometimes, you learn better through experience too.

Back to the statement of “women belong to the kitchen”, I never interpret it as literally cooking in the kitchen.
It can also mean, you will be a mother one day and you will prepare meals for your husband and kids etc.

Well, I don’t think hiring a helper is wrong and being a housewife after receiving PhD is never wrong too. It goes back to your personal preference.




Many successful women out there are wearing many hats at once; they're entrepreneurs by days, nurses, chefs, teachers, maids by nights. Most importantly, they're wonder women whom we called 'mom'.  

As for me, regardless of my level of education, I wish to get married, be a mom of four beautiful children, prepare meal for them and at the same time, be there whenever they need me, teach them how to read ABCs at night, take them to parks on weekend, and I  also hope I’m able to generate my own income, for me to be prepared for any uncertainties in the future.


I will belong to the kitchen, but because of the bachelor degree that I have, I will also own a house with 5 bedrooms, kitchen, laundry room, closet rooms and a basketball court, insyaAllah.



No comments