Why am I scared to confront people?


I received this question prior to my blog post yesterday. Well, haha  I’ve made a promise to answer everyone honestly, so I will.
In high school days, I called people confrontation as having a heart-to-heart talk. My batch mates usually would have this conversation whenever there’s misunderstanding or argument within a small group. My debate family used to have this kind of conversation too!

This conversation is indeed very important to solve internal problems and it will keep the relationship healthy. 

But I still do not like this conversation.

If I were not satisfied with someone, I rather kept it to myself. Keeping things to myself in some ways can avoid me from hating that person. Once I’ve told another person about my feeling, I would dislike that person’s attitude even more. Thus, I prefer keeping things to myself.

But sometimes, I did tell  my parents or Pan about how I felt, I can never hide anything from them. But the story would end there. I would not hold my grudge or keep my anger for long.

But if there’s misunderstanding between me and Pan, I would confront him for sure.

When I think about this attitude of mine, it makes me know myself more.

I will confront those whom I wish to keep the relationship for a long term. If I treasure the relationship, I will devote my time, energy and tears to tell that person how I feel about certain issues and why am I sad about all these things etc.

But if the relationship acted just like another phase in my life, I would not take my anger and sadness seriously. Because these feelings shall pass.

To answer the question, I think I’m not scared to confront people, but my decision to confront people depends on how I feel about them.


1 comment