Tok Abah is hospitalized and Tok Mak wants me to be the Prime Minister


If you read my previous post, you already knew that I'm kinda in an unstable condition.

On Thursday night, my uncle told us in the big family whatsapp group that my tok abah is warded. 
That's all, no explanation, nothing.
Tok abah is such a strong man, he doesn't fall sick very easily, so
having to know that he's warded obviously causes the whole family to be in a chaotic situation.
Mom and dad (and Ina) booked an emergency flight back to Semenanjung, all aunties and uncles rushed from KL to Melaka, life was pretty hectic.

I had no choice but to bug everyone asking for more updates, At the same time, I had a report due that midnight and a quiz to study for. I talked to Atika (my sister) about it cause we're the only twos that can't be there when the drama is happening.

We both came to a conclusion that we both are scared to read the messages on whatsapp on every morning because anything can happen when we're away. That's the drawback of studying abroad, you just have to accept all the news, good or bad, from home.

So, my tokabah lost a lot of blood, which the doctor found it rare because all of his organs are in perfect conditions and he didn't have injury or anything. So, there's blood transfer going on and at the same time, the doctor was interrogating the family members about the family medical history.

This morning, I got the chance to speak to tokmak about it.
I don't know whether it's just with my family or it's a normal phenomenon that old couples fight a lot. They fight each other like a child, omg you don't want me to start.

When I stayed with my grandparents over the summer, they fought all the time, 
even over simplest stuff.
I just found it funny lol.

Anyway, I gotta talk to tokmak about how things happened,
and tokmak and I, we had so many things in common and one of them is overthinking.
She can't see the doctor because she's scared of being diagnosed with any kind of diseases.
The doctor was just asking, trying to figure out the disease and she's already crying.
She's very dramatic, OMG.

So, I told her about me having the anxiety attack and I have to meet the psychiatrist soon,
and obviously, I had to translate the word 'psychiatrist' to an understandable Malay word which I couldn't find any appropriate term in my mind that time, so I came up with 'pakar sakit jiwa' and she freaked out!!! 

She didn't want me to be mad because of my study and she just can't accept that I'm having a stress issue and it's related to mental health haha. I mean, living in Canada makes me feel like depression is a common thing, but I don't blame her for not understanding this whole situation.

Anyway, as we talk, she mentioned about, how I should support the government cause government has done so many stuff for the people (oh yeah she's part of Wanita Umno and she's just their main lady, man!). I was just nodding, cause I obviously would have my own opinions (even I'm kinda behind on all political issues cause I couldn't even keep up with my life lol) about stuff and I was being completely respectful but she ended the sentence by saying
I should be the first woman Prime Minister in Malaysia.

....


What makes her think I'm eligible to even join politics, to begin with, hahaha
I have no interest in politics at all and I laughed so hard and she started to beat around the bush and she said, oh well maybe I can be one of the Ministers instead and make a decision for the country.

I mean...

At this point of time, I can't decide for my life, what more for the country lol

So, I changed the topic, talking about my cooking style and how I would cook so simple stuff cause I don't have time to spend on cooking like I had when I was in my first year
and about marriage (yeah I will tell you about that soon....)

After an hour and a half, she had to leave my place so we're about to say goodbye
and I didn't expect this coming at all.

She reminded me again about being the Minister/PM!!??!!


My reply was...

Maybe not the PM, but the PM's wife.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

jk!

Told Pan about this, and obviously, he's against this idea.

Tbh, I can't imagine myself being the leader of a country, I used to think that it's kinda cool
but as I grow older, I just feel like I can't carry that much of responsibility, on top of all the negative comments that I have to face and nope, I'm not up for the challenge.

After being the school head girl, I think I'm done joining anything that revolves
around political stuff. 
The school politics, office politics.
I don't think I'm good enough for these things.

I'm sorry, tokmak.
I don't want to let you down, but this dream of yours, won't be fulfilled.
I promise to be a better person, but not a better political leader.


At this point of life, 
I just wanna live happily,
with my family,
travel the world,
do what I wanna do.
Nothing interesting.

 I just want to live my life.



2 comments

  1. i think you can always reply this to your tokmak,'you don't have to be a politician to change the world(or country)'..its just that people think its easier to change the world if you possess power or control. Sorry, just a friendly view. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have good point there, no need to be sorry for :) Thank youu :D

      Delete